Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is it worth it to buy makeup and facial products from department stores? Or are drugstores just as good?

Pricier makeups don't make them any better. Just because they have a popular name and a lot of advertising. Or because someone famous uses it.


Go with the cheaper ones and just keep trying until you find something that works for you.Is it worth it to buy makeup and facial products from department stores? Or are drugstores just as good?
Drugstores are typically just as good. Often the ingredients are similar or the same, but the company is able to mark the product up due to the name.Is it worth it to buy makeup and facial products from department stores? Or are drugstores just as good?
Whatever works for you. Prices don't really matter...the drugstore brands like covergirl, maybelline, neutrogena are just as good....personally for foundation i like maybelline, don't even use concealer or anything from wet n wild i was breaking out like crazy...for powder i like physicians formula..there just as good as any chanel product. as long as you know how to use it, you can still have a flawless looking glowy look.
I found a great skin care product that was developed by a plastic surgeon from Beverly Hills. He had a child with severe burns and came up with this product to help his child鈥檚 skin. It is reasonably priced and is the same quality you would get from a dermatologist, or an aestheticians office! Learn more about it here: http://TinyWebLink.com/?pid=1478690


I hope you like it as much as I do!
depends on the product and your skin
Makeup expires at the same rate, department or drugstore so buy what you can afford to replace when its needed.
Drugstore are just as good, and it should b cheaper. Look 4 a Wal-mart.
Some products from the department store are better than other products from the drugstore. But I say if you are on a budget then drugstore products are great! Covergirl works really good! It is from the drugstore. I love Clinique though! All works fine for me!! That is the point I am trying to make!
Drugstores are just as good. I have an acne-prone face, but I get all my makeup at Walgreens. Physician's Formula is great, b/c it's talc free, and less harsh for your skin. And, drugstores usually have a larger selection of more affordable items, so you can try out stuff and see what works for you.
Personally, I've had better experiences over the years with department store brands- you can feel where those extra pennies go when you put something on...it just looks and feels better. I reccomend Clinique- they make great products, and their prices on many items aren't that much higher than products by Neutrogena.
I think you need to read about the ingredients in the brands you are considering. Mineral oil is something that comes in a lot of make-up - it's a cheap filler and you are paying for it. While there is nothing wrong with it, I avoid it because it acts a bit like saran wrap on your face. As an experiment, buy a small thing of mineral oil - put a cracker in it - after 30 minutes, the cracker still snaps like it's new - yuck! Many ingredients also use tallow or tallow derivatives (this is a polite way of saying animal products and by-products). I am at an age now where I am really paying attention to what I put on my body and skin. I use products from Arbonne - they are botanically based and great for my skin. Whatever you decide, research what is in them!
it's the same product- just different stores.
  • poison ivy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    tvs