Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Do you prefer drug store makeup or department makeup?

I usually buy just M.A.C makeup at the Dillard's where I live,but now I'm trying to look into different brands.Sometimes I buy makeup from drug stores though.Do you prefer drug store makeup or department makeup?
Okay for stuff like foundation, powder, concealer, and mascara I think it's best to go with department store brands or Sephora brands. The drugstore brands just don't compare, and I've tried a lot.





Now for eye shadows and eye liners you can definitely experiment more, and you'll probably like a mixture of both drug store and high end brands. I think Almay and Revlon are the best drug store brands :).





Also the awesome thing about going to Sephora is that you can try all the make up in store and if you take it home and decide you don't like it or it isn't the right color, even though it's used you can still return it or exchange it! They definitely don't allow you to bring back make up that's been opened at drug stores.Do you prefer drug store makeup or department makeup?
Well I use to buy that really expensive make up from the department stores, but it was too expensive so I stopped. I went to Wal-mart and experimented around with their make up. I finally found something that worked for me. I now buy (all the time) Loreal Bare Naturale Powder which is mineral powder, and I use the Revlon Custom Creations. I like this because there are 5 levels and you can find your own level depending on your skin tone. I wish I had found this years ago I would have saved so much money trying to find my perfect shade. The tube if filled with light foundation on on side and dark on the other you adjust the color until you find your perfect match. I being the darkest and 5 being the lightest. The two different brands work fine together and I don't look like I have a face full of makeup on. And the good thing is I can use the 5 as a concealer.
I like drug store make up. It's a lot cheaper and i feel as if some is the same quality as department store make up. Almay makes a great powder and i love just about all of Rimmel's mascaras. Covergirl eyeliner is the best and it doesn't smudge, unlike a lot of department store eyeliners I have used in the past.
I don't use either - but most guys don't.


My wife, on the other hand, buys Christian Dior exclusively. She looks pretty good to me so I figure it's doing something good.


There are often freebies at the larger stores so you can try out some samples and see what works for you. Different skin types react differently to different makeups. It's chemistry! Try and few before settling on any specific source or brand.


And remember - never wear too much. It's there to enhance, not hide.
I use both.. For my foundation I use Department store..





as for lips, mascara, concealers . I have a lot of drugstore brands..





Eye shadows..hands down department store.. better quality.
Department Stores!


They have so much better quality and the makeup is amazing! It keeps your skin fresh and alive!
you can ask...look and touch the makeup from a department store but drug stores are cheaper.
I like Max factor and colorstay. I am now using Lancome from Macy's. So I guess I like both.


*脺*
well my aunt works for mary kay so i perfer that
i have never had drug store makeup so i dont know

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs