Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can I store makeup to make it last longer?

I love using a makeup line that has been discontinued and I havent been able to find a concealer in over a year. I finally found it so I am sure that the makeup is already a little ';old';. It looks fine. I bought two pots of the concealer and I just want to see if there is a certain way or place to store the concealer (the one I am not using) to make it last longer,, thanks!How can I store makeup to make it last longer?
I'm not sure, but the fridge does sound like a good idea. But more importantly, do not put your fingers or any used things into the concealer itself. Use a brand new sponge, cotton swap, or whatever each time you use it. The transfer of bacteria, even from seemably clean hands, will make it go bad a lot faster.How can I store makeup to make it last longer?
try storing the unused one in the refrig.
you can probably put it in the refrigerator.
I learned from my step mom to put all nail polish...Face cream...eye cream and gels....Foundation and moisturizers can be kept there too. My mascara lasts a lot longer when I put in refrigerator. I guess is stays fresher longer and doesn't dry out. I put my ';fave'; makeup in the a special drawer in the fridge.
The frig does sound like a good idea, but I would probably keep it in a cool, dry place. That means NOT the bathroom.





On a side note, my favorite (as in, the one product I could hoard if I could) bronzing stick was discontinued several years ago. Once and a while, I will do an ebay search and see that someone is still selling it for a lot of money. I really am happy that I forced myself to move on (it was hard at first, and the makeup counter girls could try all they wanted to console me but it did not work). The thought of someone out there spending lots of money on an old, bacteria filled bronzing stick made me sad!
Try putting the un-used on in the fridge, but don't use it if it smells, looks, or feels bad/different.
I personally wouldn't want to save makeup any longer than recommended. I don't wanna mess with bacteria and getting any kind of infections just because I liked one particular brand or color. There are so many choices out there, just try something new. Don't risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs