Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do drugstore makeup brands really work as well as the department stores?

Any experience with either? I find I spend more actually if I use drugstore brands because I may buy a product that doesn't work on me, or the wrong color, etc. If I go to a department store, the product may be more expensive but I seem to buy less of it and it works out in the end. But, now that I have my colors that look best on me, I am thinking of replacing them with a drugstore brand. Although, it is nicer to be able to test the colors before buying. Sometimes they don't look the same on as they do in the tube. Any ideas? Which drugstore brands are best?Do drugstore makeup brands really work as well as the department stores?
I've tried both, I actually prefer drugstore makeup, not only because of the price difference, but also because it doesn't look as caked on as high quality makeup.





Yes, it is nice to test the colors before buying, but I bought a Covergirl foundation a couple of months ago from Target. I opened the bottle and used some of it, it didn't work too well, so I took it back and got a complete refund, no questions asked.





Most eyeshadows are opened anyways at Walmart. You can just dip your finger in and test the color. And they're only like $2 anyways, you don't feel bad if the shade isn't your best. Worst case, you just go return it.





For mascara, I like Maybelline Great Lash in Very Black. I got 2 for $5 at Walmart.





I like Covergirl TruBlend Liquid foundation. I got it from Walmart for $8 and it also came with the matching pressed powder.





Eyeshadows are the best from Covergirl. They are long lasting and come in tons of different shades. The colors are very vibrant and young. They are $2 each at drugstores.





I don't use blush or bronzer, but the best is from Revlon because it doesn't leave you streaky nasty.





Use N.Y.C. nail colors. They don't chip for more than a week, but you can apply a top coat if you want it to last longer. It's also the only one that removes completely with nail polish remover, all the rest stain your finger nails.Do drugstore makeup brands really work as well as the department stores?
I guess you could change but you will notice that of course, the quality of the make up is lower. Revlon, Maybelline, Loreal, are all pretty good, Covergirl not so much.
i find drugstore brands make my skin breakout. i like clinique.
Drugstores such pharmachy can sell restricted medications (drugs, supplements, makeups, etc...) while departmental stores are not. But, you need prescription in pharmacy as to be specific. I guess, pharmacy provides better medications as they follow restricted guidelines. Matter of fact, those commercial medications used general sampling.
It really depends on what kind of makeup you are talking about. For concealer and foundation, the department store brands are usually quite a bit better. If you are talking about non-face makeup (like mascara, lipstick, etc.), I don't think the department store brands are really worth what they cost. Loreal True Match is probably the best drugstore face makeup. For anything else, just go for the colors and effects you like.
I'd consider using concealer and foundation and moisturizer from a more upscale brand, it's worth spending the money on since it's all over your face all day every day. things like eyeliner and mascara i spend $1-5 on and make sure to throw out after six months or so as they get bacteria.
to me makeup is makeup and it i like drugstore better cuz it doesnt cost as much.
drug store brands, called GENERIC,


are as good as the rest. Sometimes, the top brand has a unique single


component and they charge 2-3x more


for that.





also--if any product is unsatisfactory


for you within 30 days of purchase,


return it with its bottle/and box and receipt to the store and get your $ back.
If you're worried about matching well, try Loreal True Match. Get within two shades of your skin tone, and BAM (Channeling Emeril) it matches so well and seamlessly. Covergirl is the best when it comes to everything else, and as far as mascara, Great Lash is the best. I have yet to find the best drugstore eyeshadow, though BlackRadiance (made for black women, anyone can use it, though) makes GREAT cheap colors that show up REALLY well, and CoverGirl takes the cake for best eyeliner. I like Revlon for lip color.





Those are all my suggestions, any more specific questions, direct them to my email address, I'm happy to help.
Works for me, can't see paying the price of the high cost make-up etc, they all have the basic ingredients, you are right though about the trying on, best thing to do, go to the department store and find a good shade, see if they have a sample and then match it up at the drug store. I use the Oil of Olay skin products and love them





Plus a lot of the Brand name companies actually own other companies, like Estee Lauder owns the following, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Aramis, Prescriptives, Origins, M.A.C., Bobbi Brown essentials, Tommy Hilfiger, La Mer, jane, Donna Karan, Aveda, Kate Spade, Stila, Jo Malone and Bumble and Bumble.





There are others that is just one example..
drug store brands are fine.





i've never had a problem with them, and my skin is really temperamental.
You can always go to Sephora or Ulta that have a variety of prices and you can test the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs